PowerAda APPENDIX B. Support Packages
From OC Systems Wiki!
This chapter describes the support packages provided with the PowerAda licensed program, and tells you how to use them. It is directed towards programmers who need to write programs that take advantage of the special features of the AIX operating system and the IBM PowerPC computer. PowerAda provides interfaces to many of these special features through Ada packages. These are in addition to the Ada predefined packages like TEXT_IO, which are described in the language reference manuals. There are three classes of support packages provided by PowerAda:
- Ada95 Packages (and POSIX/Ada Packages) defined in RM95 (and LRM83) and hence compiled into the Ada system sublibrary, for example Text_IO.
- Additional packages deemed useful but not defined by the Ada standard, such as the POSIX/Ada Packages.
- Public-domain or obsolete bindings and packages which are provided in source form.
- Source Code for Specifications
- Ada95 Packages
- POSIX/Ada Packages
- Other Packages
- Specifications for Posix/Ada Packages